We are an independent institution. Currently, it does not have financial resources to fund the residencies. We are offering four types of residencies:
- Paid residency: for established artist and artist with sponsor/funding. The fee should be paid by the artist or by their institution and/or sponsors.
- Free residency: for emerging independent artists with 2 recommendation letter, one from their countries and one from Indonesia.
- Exchange residency: Exchange between international institutions for an institutional purpose of residency. This form must be applied by the institution.
- Funded residency: Fully funded residency offered by open call selection only.
Besides the studio, workshop and the work space, we also offer an option to take part in a live classroom activities. You’ll be able to use all the facilities and equipment. There are also a variety of workshops and community outreach events conducted throughout the year.
Residents gain experience teaching a diverse and eager group of students and enjoy the inclusive atmosphere of a creative, tight‐knit local arts community. Artists are expected to answer questions about programs and classes or workshop offered. Residents should be self‐directed and able to engage students in a positive and professional manner.
Besides the proposed formats, we wishes to organise other projects in the future as well, and is open to other forms and suggestions. For any questions or request, other ideas, formats, or questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationality / ages / gender
There are no restrictions According to gender, age or nationality. We welcomes any ages of established national and international artists, as well as emerging artists from all disciplines coming from the sound Arts.
Residencies are offered in the areas of sound art and music for a sound artist, musician, and educator. In additional media are offered on an as-requested basis.
induvidual, collaborative, and group max.2
The program offers both live-in and non-live-in residencies for contracts lasting 1 and 3 months. Extensions are possible but must span the entire time frame in session.
English and Indonesian
Fees and supports
There is no registration fee. We Provides you with an accommodation, airport pick up, and bicycles. Moreover, the program organizes workshops, public talks, open studio visits, personal or group exhibitions for its residents free of charge.
Artists are responsible for their own travels to and from Ethnictro, per diem, food, visa expenses, insurance, and materials expenses. Other aid, assistance, curatorial, or translations is also possible on demand.
No later than one months before the starting date of your residency.
A small building with some small spaces we provide:
- Wifi Connection
- Studio & classes
- Workshop & Work space
- Shared bathroom and toilet
- Private/shared bedroom
How to apply:
Applicants are expected to submit:
- Recent CV/resume
- Portfolio / documentation
- Project proposal including time frame of the residency and budget
- Motivation letter for applying and expectations of the residency
- For videos or audio, please provide links to your own website, YouTube page, etc. Do not attach video or audio files
- Requirements for each residency types
- For questions please read the FAQ section
All in one pdf file (max 10 MB) send it to:
with the format file name:
AIR_YOUR NAME_YOUR PROJECT